Shipyard Helpers are required to have 1-2 years of previous shipyard experience, including the ability to operate small hand tools (grinders, chippers, etc.), mechanical aptitude, and basic ship repair knowledge.
- Must be able to travel to all shipyards within the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area
- Must be available for all shifts, 8-12 hours daily, up to 7 days a week
- Must be able to lift 50lbs repetitively throughout the shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs and work at elevated heights.
- Must be able to work in confined and enclosed spaces.
- Must be able to pass Physical and Drug Screening requirements